Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Zombie Bigfoot by Nick Sullivan


Zombie Bigfoot by Nick Sullivan



What I drank prior:
8 beers? Idk I lost count its Doctor night and there were a bunch of sonic screwdrivers.


Spoiler-free Overview:
Okay, so this takes place in the woods somewhere in the middle of nowhere where there's a lot of Big Foot lore. There's a group of researchers and their mission is to find Big Foot. Next POV is an actual Big Foot. I know... hang on a second. Big Foot kid sees some crazy shit and his Alpha ends up getting bit by some crazy blood-lusting human. See where I'm going here? Alpha starts turning into a Zombie... scares the shot out of the pack. Things go from there, basically humans and Big Feet(?) have to work together to not get Zombie-fied and shit goes down.


Spoiler-free Thoughts:
Let me start by saying I'm not a huge zombie fan but this book was hysterical. Very clearly satire and it was...interesting.


Characters:
The main characters were pretty good and well developed. There are multiple POVs to include randomly selected and introduced zombie fodder.


Plot:
I think it was pretty predictable but it was meant to be.

Anyway, I found it to be a quick read with some point where I am literally LOLing. Eye rolling will be inevitable, and ya know. Zombie and Sasquatch... what could be better?



Rating:
3/5 Shots. But only if you can see how it was meant to be read. Otherwise ya know...

What to pair it with: beer. The only thing you can THINK to drink while sitting around a camp fire listening to a Sasquatch-goes-zombie story.

I remain forever drunkenly yours,
Sam

0 comments:

Post a Comment