Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Chronicle of Heloise & Grimple by Sean Gibson



The Chronicle of Heloise & Grimple by Sean Gibson

What I drank prior: I had a pretty long day of drinking. First we had Beer Olympics. WE came in 3rd, but that.... fine.... Then we all went out for a friend's birthday and drank/dance the night away. Currently in an Uberpool on the way home with a couple 21 year old swho think I'm 23. Which is really really really flattering. I'm hammert.

Spoiler-free Overview:
How does one begin to explain this story. Sean was kind enough to send me a copy for review through Goodreads. He is a fellow DC public transportation survivor and active goodreads reviewer. We like him i guess (winky face).

This story was written in a unique way. From what i gather it was written on long commutes as a serial choose-your-own type thing. After each chapter Sean says "what'll happen next? x/y/z?" and then i guess people-of-the-internet decided.

Heloise & Grimple are on an epic adventure to make Grimple not ugly anymore. APparently Grimple has been cursed by... something... idk what... and they can't make his ugliness go away. They set off to set it straight. In hysterical fashion.

Spoiler-free Thoughts:
This was probably the funniest story I've read in a long ass time. I'm not going to do my normal breakdown for this book, because this book is so not like anything else. Like, it's not super long, but it is FULLY action-packed, and unpredictable, and filled with laughs.

From hillgiants that don't look like hill giants to trolls (i think the one obsessed with Heloise was a troll... i can't look it up because i'm in a car) to evil, wizard... sorry Kevil, THE wizard, you get everytrhing. All the laughs, all the adventure, and it was exactly what I was looking for at the time.

You can get The Chronicles of Heloise & Grimple (according to GRs on Kindle Unlimited or on Amazin).

PS. Sean is awesome. The end.

PPS. I hear we get more soon?? I am pumped (and hammered, also hammered).

Rating: 4.5/5 Shots

What to pair it with: Tequila and Juice. I've been leaning more twoards that lately because I can down 'em in 2.8 seconds.

Until next time, I remain forever drunkenly yours,
Sam

0 comments:

Post a Comment