Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

DEBATE NIGHT

Alright guys, I'm pretty fired up about this first debate so please for the love of god, don't hate me. I'm in a mood.

What I drank prior: A bottle of wine plus 1/3 of a yummy craft beer and one miller lite. Yes. Drunk. Yes. Pissed because demon-spawn. Deal with it.

Spoiler-free overview:
Okay, so there're like, two princesses. One's supposed to marry god-king Susebron, the other is a fre spirited kid. For some stupid reason her dad is all "free-spirited's gotta marry the god-king to prevent war." seems stupid but yeah. free spirited girl's named Siri, other sis is named Vivenna. Siri's all like, why does dad hate me? gotta produce an heir for god-king. Vivenna's all like, gotta save Siri. V goes to find the spies of her kingdom to be able to find the best way to save the sis. She finds these mercenaries who are pretty hysterical. S on the other hand is tryna get to know her new man. Turns out, he's not what people think. Adventures happen. It's a thing.

Spoiler-free thoughts:
This book is like a breathe of fresh air. I loved it so much. Just such a pleasure to read.

Plot: So look. I can't decide if this book was plot driven or character driven. It was so well balanced that i couldnt' handle it. The plot had a twist that i didn't see coming, which is hard to do cause I'm like.... a master fantasy reader. But like, i loved it. Also, if you love the cosmere, the written language is the same as Stormlight. k.

Characters: I was so appreciative of Sanderson and his care of his female characters. In Mistborn, the female characters were only strong because they were more masculine. In Warbreaker, the female characters were strong because they were strong. I lvoed it. I also super loved the mercenaries and even the villain.

Writing Style: It's His Holiness Sanderson. 'nuff said.

World Building: At times i was a little confused about the world but by the end i was like, this is legit.

SPOILERS:



Rating: 5/5 shots. This book was just such a pleasure to read. I am so pleased to have read it.

What to pair it with: literally anything that's your fave.  beer probs. i feel best about fantasy and beer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment