Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children



Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

What I Drank Prior: At least a bottle of wine and 4 beers...

Spoiler free Overview:
Okay, so there's this kid who has a grandpa who tells the greatest stories ever. He's like, these guys are out to get me and idk when. I have this past and its mysterious and blah blah blha. Gramps dies mysteriously and kid doesn't take it so well.  He goes to somewhere in Europe to try and figure out what's going on (and closure) and he gets in to some mess with the people out for his Gramps. Basically like Proffessor X and all that with the weird abilities and such... Miss Peregrine is Professor X.

Spoiler free Thoughts:
Okay, so like... I wanted to love this book. So many people loved this series (book) and I was dying to love it. i read the first half of the book in one sitting... But it just wasn't enough. I got no character development. I got no grey area. I got no paced plotline. Just thought it was liek... meh? I loved the last 20 pages. THey gave me hope for the next couple books, with the whole timeline nonsense, but it just wasnt enough to carry me on through the series.

I REALLY liked the photos... made the story better for sure.

What to pair it with: vodka orange. only because thats what everyone tells first timers to drink. V&O is like, the most basic of all basics. Teen, problem, problem fix, plot twist to carry on the series....

Rating: 2/5 Shots. I wanted to like this, I really did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment