Monday, January 9, 2017

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

What I drank prior: a bottle and a half of wine? maybe? idk i lost count

Spoiler free overview:
So basically each queen has triplets and each triplet has an ability, either poison, elements, or nature. And like, these triplets gotta fight to the death for the crown. So basically this whole story is about that.

Each queen and how their lives are and how they're gonna kill their sisters etc. ADVENTURES HAPPEN.

Spoiler free thoughts:
Ok. So I went into this thinking I was gonna love one triplet and hate the other two. Like I wanted to have a hero that I could stand behind. I DIDNT GET IT. I loved all the sisters for their own reasons. Ok. that's not really true cause I didn't really like Mari so much, but for spoilery reasons.

Characters: Seriously I love them all. They're just wonderful. Well developed and adored. I even hate the villains. They're so great.

Plot: So it wasn't super well paced. The middle was like... meh? but i enjoyed it. The ending made up for it. There were enough twists and sections that i was like "you have GOT to be fuckign kidding me...." parts that it made up for it. Like. Look. I'm all for a love story, but DONT FUCK WITH MY SHIP. I can't stand it. But it's like a hurts-so-good kinda pain.

Also, if you're not a fan of typical YA tropes, read this book. It's real good at not having them.

also i want a mountain lion

Writing Style: It wasn't gorgeous but it kept me on my toes.

Spoilerssssssss:

What to pair it with: a good red wine would be fucking awesome with this book.

Rating: 4.5/5 shots. And only cause the plot lagged a bit in the middle... i seriously can't wait for the next one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment