Friday, June 16, 2017

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

What I drank prior: I am on the train back from kickball. It was a big night. We won the first round of playoffs :)

Spoiler-free Overview:
This is a retwlling of a thousand and one nights. The king marries and kills a different chick every night. Our main character Shahrzad decides she wants to try her luck and marries him. She tells him a story and survives the first night. Everything kind of goes from there.

Spoiler-free Thoughts:
I completely thought that I was gonna think this was a cheese fest and hate it. I fucking adored this book. Read it during Dewey's 24hr readathon in a couple hours and these people are now my precious children and all of you can fight me about t.

Characters:
I LVOE THEM. Seriously all of them. They are very well developed. We know the motivations behind all of them. And we grow with them. I just love it.

Plot:
The pacing was good. I only know that because I real it in one sitting and I didn't even care. I was curious enough about what was going to happen next that reading it in one sitting was perfect.

Writing Style:
It's beautiful. The end.

Just fucking read it. I cannot wait for the final installment.

Pairing: a super fine red wine. Like the kind you spend more than $15 on.

Rating: 5/5 Shots. DUH

COMMENT DOWN BELOW: I know we're late to the party for this duology. What did you think? Also, what are your fave guilty pleasure books?

PS. Also, if you haven't signed up for #Booziebookathon 2017 on July 22, see our announcement post here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment